Descent into Madness - Crypto Kitties

Currently, I've been waiting twenty-nine minutes for my Ethereum transaction to go through. I have put in a request to purchase my first Crypto kitty MC Coffee and it says someone could get him before me. He's around $12.

I'm not kidding, I'm paying $12 for a cat that will just sit there and I've already picked out the one I want to breed him with to make my first kitten. The one I want to sire my kittens has a mustache.

If you would have asked me if this would be a thing a week ago I would probably have said no. I am now obsessed with this transaction going through. I feel like this is either the beginning of something huge or a waste of money. The rarest cat already sold for $100,000 dollars. Think about that for a minute, a digital cat just sold for the price of my house, well some of my house, but it's just insane.

Some people are upset because the cats are clogging up the ether transactions. With over 3 million already spent in the Crypto Kitty universe, I can see why. 

Here is my potential baby, he has to rest for 14 hours before he can breed.


He also has the following cattributes, these are the qualities that make him unique. The more unique your cat's cattributes the more rare your kittens! Can you even stand it?

kittencream strawberry totesbasic sphynx soserious thicccbrowz coffee mauveover

I will keep you posted on how long it takes to get him, if  I get him and what his status is after a couple days!


Comments